- Slept A LOT. Wow, did I need sleep!
- Read. I got a lot of school reading done which was good.
- Talked and talked. Amy's dad, Paul, is a big talker, loves to tell stories and share odd facts.
- Ate great vegetarian meals made by excellent cook Tera. Even Paul enjoyed the vegetarian food, it was a hit!
- Listened to old music and comedic recordings. Paul has this ENORMOUS phonograph collection with all these cylinders of recordings. It's like a museum there's that many records, cylinders and phonographs. It's reason enough to visit just for that!
- Rode in a 1914 Model T!!! Paul took us out for two trips, one was especially long and it was to Bala to a LM Montgomery museum!!! Riding in a Model T is incredibly fun and we had the perfect weather for it; when it's hot out, you are perfectly cooled riding in a Model T.
- Spent at least two hours in the LM Montgomery museum which this couple have created because of the time LMM spent in Muskoka, which inspired one of my favourites The Blue Castle. We have lots of fun photos we took there that hopefully I'll remember to post later! Plus they have an incredible collection of old, rare and first editions of the books - I was in heaven! And even left with my own first edition of the 1911 The Story Girl to add to my LMM collection of old, rare and first editions.
- Went for a ride in a Dippy, which is a traditional Muskoka boat, the disappearing propeller boat. Paul is an expert on Dippys and used to run a business that repaired them.
- Helped out around the place on an old deck, plus I dusted in the house.
- Watched the Lost season finale! Amy got us reception for CTV and we watched it on an old TV with rabbit ears. It felt so old school! I cried and ultimately was pleased. I'll likely have more to say after I've had a chance to rewatch and reflect more.
It was an incredible weekend, it was hard to leave!
But I should remember to do my TV meme!!
Day 06 - Favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Shock of shocks, the episode I'm picking is the classic BtVS musical episode "Once More, with Feeling"!
I think that "the Body" is the best episode of BtVS but it's so sad and I inevitably cry which means I rarely rewatch it despite its brilliance, so it ultimately isn't the one I picked. The musical episode succeeds at being an excellent musical in its own right and also a seamless part of the sixth season. I like that all the actors sing their parts because even though they don't have the best voices (with a few exceptions of the really excellent singers), it meant that we got the characters' emotions. There's great songs, fun dancing, that awesome quippy Joss Whedon humour and just general brilliance. One of those episodes I can endlessly rewatch!
What's Upcoming/Previously done
Day 01 - A show that should never have been cancelled: Joan of Arcadia
Day 02 - A show that you wish more people were watching: Community
Day 03 - Your favorite new show (aired this TV season): Parenthood
Day 04 - Your favorite show ever: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Day 05 - A show you hate: TMZ.com
Day 07 - Least favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Day 08 - A show everyone should watch
Day 09 - Best scene ever
Day 10 - A show you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving
Day 11 - A show that disappointed you
Day 12 - An episode you've watched more than 5 times
Day 13 - Favorite childhood show
Day 14 - Favorite male character
Day 15 - Favorite female character
Day 16 - Your guilty pleasure show
Day 17 - Favorite mini series
Day 18 - Favorite title sequence
Day 19 - Best TV show cast
Day 20 - Favorite kiss
Day 21 - Favorite ship
Day 22 - Favorite series finale
Day 23 - Most annoying character
Day 24 - Best quote
Day 25 - A show you plan on watching (old or new)
Day 26 - OMG WTF? Season finale
Day 27 - Best pilot episode
Day 28 - First TV show obsession
Day 29 - Current TV show obsession
Day 30 - Saddest character death