Updates on the life of Cordelianne:
- I finally have a job! In my field! I'm working as a part-time Librarian in the Children's Department at a public library (my ideal library job, well, maybe except for the low pay and minimal hours!). I admit that the lengthy job search proved often depressing, frustrating, and stressful. However, it wasn't all bad....
- Since the summer, Camisha and I have basically been living together! Things are going really well and we're very happy. We're in State College together (where Camisha's at Penn State finishing her PhD), and my job is at the local public library. The lovely Camisha deserves much credit because during my search for work, she was kindly supporting me. And in more good news...
- We have started taking steps towards me getting pregnant. We're still in the preparation process but I can assure people I will post any good news related to this!
- I am really missing my friends and family back in Toronto. I am doing a pretty good job of keeping in touch via email and Skype. But I still really miss them. I am getting to know more people in State College, though, which is nice.
- I continue to be a pop culture and TV fiend, and am watching too much TV (I can't keep up with it all!). I'm loving The Good Wife, Community, The Vampire Diaries, Raising Hope, The Middle, Happy Endings, Parks and Recreation, Cougar Town, Sherlock and probably a zillion other shows I've forgotten!
- I've been seeing some movies I've loved: The Artist, This Means War, Pariah. I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games, The Avengers and wish that the new Star Trek was coming out this year.
- I am still, very slowly (in stops and starts) working on my Sulu/Chekov high school AU that I started an embarrassingly long time ago. But I have so much written, I must finish!
- Now that I'm done school I'm reading a lot more, especially lots of kids' lit. I'm really enjoying the kid adventure series, The 39 Clues, as well as adult fare like Tina Fey's Bossypants, and The Orphan Master's Son.
That's it for now! *hugs*